Barbecue Baked Chicken
This baked chicken gets a flavor boost from applesauce-based barbeque sauce.
Cook Time45 mins
- 2½ to 3 lb. frying chicken, cut up
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dry mustard
- teaspoon(s) 2-3 drops hot sauce
- Dust chicken with seasoned flour. Fry both sides to brown. Place in shallow 2-quart baking dish.
- Separate onion slices into rings and place over chicken.
- Combine remaining ingredients. Pour over chicken and onions.
- Bake uncovered at 350° F for 45 minutes or until chicken is tender. Serve hot.