Baked Apple Sweet Potato Latke
Recipe provided by Jacki Seymour of New York, NY, finalist of the 2018 New York Apple Association’s Apple Recipe Contest.
- Serving Size1
- Yields1 Serving
- 2 medium apples
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 egg (or 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed with 3 tablespoons hot water)
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1/3 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon(s) maple syrup
- 3 tablespoon(s) tahini
- Water, as needed as sauce thickens
- Preheat the oven (425 Fahrenheit); oil baking pan with olive oil.
- Wash and grate both the sweet potatoes and apples.
- Remove the excess liquid from the grated potatoes and apples.
- Take the grated mixture and add all the other ingredients and mix.
- Create pancake forms out of the mixture about 2-3 minces wide; put on baking sheet.
- Bake 10-15 minutes on one side then flip to bake another 10 minutes on the other side.
- Garnish with baked kale chips, lemon juice and paprika to your tasting! Served best with a salad or veggies.