Bacon Apple Grilled Cheese Panini
Crispy bacon, crunchy apples, and sharp cheese are an unbeatable combination of flavors.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time6 mins
Total Time16 mins
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 4 slices thick country white bread or any bread of your choice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard (Optional)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 Crispin or Fuji apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Empire or Honeycrisp apple, thinly sliced
- 4 strips cooked bacon
- Heat a panini press or grilling skillet to medium-high heat.
- Butter 1 side of each slice of bread. Flip 1 slice and spread mustard on top; season with garlic powder, salt and pepper, then add 2 ounces cheese. Place 3-4 red and green apple slices on the cheese. Lay bacon on top. Cover with the other slice of bread, buttered side-up.
- Place sandwich into the panini press and press down. If using a skillet, then press sandwich down with the bottom of another pan. Grill bread until lightly browned, and cheese has melted, about 3 minutes per side.
- Repeat process for second serving.