Autumn Sausage, Veggie and Apple Sheet-pan Dinner
If you’ve never made a sheet-pan dinner, prepare for a mealtime revolution. Sheet-pan dinners are so easy and low-hassle, you’ll wonder why you didn’t try one sooner. Simply toss your chopped ingredients with olive oil and seasonings, spread on a baking sheet, and roast! In this hearty, healthy meal, roasted NY apples lend a punch of sweetness to smoked turkey sausage and winter vegetables. Best of all? You only have one pan to clean!
- 12 oz. smoked turkey sausage, sliced into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 lb. sweet potatoes, peeled and diced into ¾-inch cubes
- 1 lb. Brussels sprouts, halved
- ½ medium red onion, diced into chunks
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried sage
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- 2 crisp NY apples, cored and diced into 1-inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray a rimmed 18x13-inch baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add sausage, sweet potatoes, Brussels sprouts, NY apples, onion and garlic to sheet pan.
- Drizzle everything with olive oil, then sprinkle with thyme, sage and rosemary. Add salt and pepper to taste, then toss to coat.
- Roast in preheated oven 15 minutes, then remove and toss again.
- Return to oven and continue to roast until veggies and apples are tender, about 15 minutes longer.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve warm.