Adding a cup of applesauce to your meat mixture makes for a moist meatball.
- Yields6 Servings
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/4 lb. ground pork center loin
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoon(s) grated onion
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground pepper
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except ketchup, water and olive oil.
- Mix and form meatballs. Brown in olive oil. Place in baking dish.
- Combine ketchup and water. Pour over meatballs, cover and bake at 350° F for 1½ hours. Serve hot.