Applesauce Chocolate Chip Cookies
This chocolate chip cookie recipe uses the natural sweetness of New York applesauce to add flavor without added sugar. Try mixing in chopped walnuts for extra protein and crunch!
- Yields36 cookies
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 2 cups New York applesauce
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine applesauce and baking soda. Add to butter mixture.
- Gradually mix in flour and salt.
- Stir in chocolate chips and drop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes then move to cooling rack to cool.