Applesauce Carrot Cake
Adapted from Knouse Foods
Using applesauce to cut down on the fat in the recipe makes for a moist and delicious dessert.
Cook Time55 mins
- 2 cup(s) Natural or Chunky Applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) unsifted all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- Vegetable cooking spray
Lite Apple-cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 tablespoon(s) Apple Juice
- 1 package (3 oz.) light cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 box (1 lb.) unsifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- In large bowl, combine apple sauce, sugar, oil, egg whites and vanilla extract, blending with spoon.
- In separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir into apple sauce mixture. Add carrots and raisins. Spread in 13" x 9" pan lightly sprayed with vegetable cooking spray and floured.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 to 55 minutes or until cake is firm when touched lightly in the center. Cool completely.
- Frost with Lite Apple-Cream Cheese Frosting.
- Lite Apple-Cream Cheese Frosting: In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until soft and fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar, apple juice and vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and spreading consistency.