Apples with Green Lentils
Inspired by Karissa's Vegan Kitchen
Bursting with flavor and crunch, this vegan salad is perfect as a main course or a side dish!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time1 hours, 30 mins
- 2 cups cooked green lentils
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 medium sweet-tart apples, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2-3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh mint chopped
- 2 stalks celery chopped
- Dressing of choice
- Cook the lentils according to package instructions, until they are tender to the bite.
- While the lentils are cooking, cut your apples into strips and toss them in a bowl with the lemon juice. Chill them in the refrigerator.
- Once the lentils are done cooking, drain them and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
- Pour them into a large bowl and cool them in the fridge.
- When the lentils and apple are cooled, toss them together and add the remaining ingredients.
- Toss with your favorite dressing (we like tahini, lemon and garlic).
- Chill the salad for at least an hour before serving.