Classic cold potato soup with applesauce added for a touch of sweetness.
- Serving Size1
- Yields4 Servings
- KCal: 250kal
- Fiber: 4g
- Fat: 7g
- Sodium: 251mg
- 2 large leeks, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 small onions, peeled and chopped
- 3 baking potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup applesauce, unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon(s) butter or margarine
- 2 cups chicken stock
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1/4 cup heavy cream (or low-fat yogurt)
- Melt margarine in a medium sauce pot. Add onions and cook until soft. Add potatoes and leeks; cook over medium heat for 3 minutes. Add the stock and applesauce; simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Puree mixture in a food processor or blender until very smooth. Stir in cinnamon. Refrigerate until cold. Stir in cream or yogurt before dividing the soup among four bowls. Garnish with thin slices of apple and chopped parsley.