Apple Stuffed Pork Chops
Pork chops marinated in apple juice then stuffed with applesauce make a sweet and savory meal.
Cook Time35 mins
- 2/3 cups chunky applesauce
- 1/4 cup apple juice
- boneless pork chops, 1 ¼” thick
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) crushed fennel seed
- 1/4 cup dry roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- Trim fat from chops. Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each chop to form a pocket.
- Combine chops and apple juice in an 8-inch square baking dish, cover and marinate in refrigerator one hour, turning occasionally.
- Remove chops from marinade; reserve marinade in baking dish.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper into pocket of chops. Combine applesauce, nuts and fennel. Stuff about three tablespoons of applesauce mixture into each pocket. Return chops to baking dish.
- Bake at 375° F for 35 minutes or until meat thermometer reaches 160°.