Apple, Pork, and Red Onion Skewers
Courtesy of Paleo Leap
Get your grill on! For a convenient and delicious meal or snack, stack New York apples with zesty red onions and marinated pork. You can also prepare these skewers on a grill pan.
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless pork loin, cut into 1- to 2-inch cubes
- 2 large Ginger Gold apples cut into 1-inch cubes, skin on
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- The juice from 1 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- ¼ cup raw honey; (optional)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 6-7 Bamboo skewers
- In a non-metallic container, whisk together balsamic vinegar, olive oil, orange juice, garlic, and honey (if using any). Season to taste with sea salt and ground pepper.
- Add the pork cubes to the marinade and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Once the meat has finished marinating, heat grill to medium-high.
- Skewer meat with apples and onions. Try to place the meat between the onion and the apple to give it extra flavor.
- Season skewers to taste with sea salt and black pepper, and place on the grill.
- Cook each side for about 3 to 4 minutes (a total of 12-16 minutes).