Apple Market Toast
This delicious recipe was provided by Chef Frank Camey of Heritage Food + Drink located in Wappingers Falls, NY.
- Yields1 Batch
- 8 slices of your favorite bread—this recipe uses French baguette
- 1 cup(s) of room temperature goat cheese
- 1 tablespoon(s) of honey or saffron honey
- 2 large apples peeled and medium diced
- 1 teaspoon(s) chopped rosemary
- 1 teaspoon(s) turmeric
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 2 tablespoon(s) light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon(s) butter
- 3 tablespoon(s) sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup(s) medium diced Spanish onion
- 1 tablespoon(s) canola oil
- 3 tablespoon(s) of honey
- Small pinch of saffron threads
- 1 tablespoon(s) of water
- Heat canola oil in a large sized sauté pan until smoking point.
- Add apples and toss in hot pan until evenly browned.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on medium heat until thoroughly incorporated.
- Reduce on low heat until mixture tightens up and is jam like.
- Combine al ingredients for the saffron honey until thoroughly incorporated.
- Check seasoning with salt and/or brown sugar to your liking.