Apple Hash Browns
An apple-twist on your favorite cheesy hash brown preparation.
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
- 1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup raw potato, shredded
- In food processor or blender container, coarsely chop ½ cup fruit filling by pulsing several times; transfer to medium mixing bowl.
- Stir in egg, green onions, cheese, potato, salt, and pepper.
- Heat one teaspoon of oil in a frying pan. Spoon ¼ cup potato mixture for each patty into frying pan; cook over medium heat on both sides until potatoes are cooked and golden brown. Repeat until all batter is used.
- Serve topped with remaining fruit filling.