Apple Chicken Bake
A sweet and spiced entrée using applesauce for a sauce.
Cook Time45 mins
- 2 cups unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) allspice
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1 tablespoon(s) ketchup
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- Blend applesauce with allspice, salt, flour, ketchup, stir in celery and onions. Pour mixture into baking dish.
- Dip chicken in evaporated milk; roll in crumbs seasoned with paprika and ½ tsp. salt. Arrange chicken over apple sauce mixture.
- Bake at 350° F for about 45 minutes or until chicken is tender.