Apple Cheese Quiche
Eggs, applesauce and Swiss cheese create a deliciously fluffy quiche. Try adding chopped ham to this recipe to make it a wholesome meal.
Cook Time45 mins
- 2 cups chunky applesauce
- 10" pie shell
- 6 ounce(s) swiss cheese slices
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon(s) flour
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) nutmeg
- 1 cup milk or light cream
- Prepare pie crust according to directions on package. Roll out pastry until large enough to line the bottom and sides of an ungreased 10-inch pie pan, fluting a high edge.
- Cut cheese slices into halves and use cheese to line the bottom and sides of the pie shell. Spread applesauce evenly in pan.
- Beat eggs and mix with flour, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Gradually beat in milk or light cream. Pour mixture over chunky applesauce.
- Bake in a 375°F oven 40-45 minutes or until custard is set and the top is richly browned. Cool slightly and then cut into wedges. If desired, serve with warm chunky applesauce.