Apple Bread Pudding
This easy dessert takes your classic bread pudding and adds delicious New York apples to make an even better treat!
Cook Time1 hours, 15 mins
- 2 New York State Cortland or Idared apples, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups of cubed bread (day old)
- 4 cups milk (scalded)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Place cubed bread in a bowl; pour scaled milk over bread until well soaked and slightly cool. Beat eggs only until mixed. Add sugar, salt and vanilla to eggs. Stir into bread mixture. Add melted butter and stir.
- Grease a 2-quart baking dish and pour in pudding. Add apples, walnuts and raisins; stir together. Set dish in a pan containing 1” hot water and bake in a moderate oven of 350º for 60-75 minutes or when knife inserted in middle is not too wet.