Apple Bourbon Cake
This cake always gets rave reviews. The rich flavor of bourbon blends beautifully with apples, walnuts and spice.
- Serving Size1 Slice
- Cook Time1 hours
- 4 cups coarsely chopped, peeled New York State apples
- 1 cup bourbon
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cloves
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Put apples in a large bowl and pour bourbon over the apples. Cover tightly and periodically tip upside down to mix the apples and bourbon.
- Beat sugar, oil and eggs together with a wire whisk. Stir together the flour, soda, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves. Stir into egg mixture. Add nuts to the bourbon and apples mixture and combine to rest of ingredients.
- Turn batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350º for 45-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Serve warm or cold with bourbon flavored whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.