Apple and Tuna Pinwheels
Serve these tasty roll-ups as a snack or appetizer. You can also substitute chicken for the tuna as an alternative.
- Yields15 Servings
- 1 large New York Gala Apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 8-inch flour whole wheat tortillas
- 2 tablespoon(s) pureed roasted red pepper spread
- 1 pouch white tuna (6 ½ ounces)
- 1 tablespoon(s) low fat mayonnaise
- 2 scallions cut in half and sliced lengthwise
- Fresh ground pepper
- Mild curry powder
- Place the tortillas on a dinner plate and spread each with the roasted pepper spread. Arrange apple slices down the center. Combine tuna and mayonnaise and pepper to taste. Spoon tuna mixture over the apple slices. Sprinkle with curry powder. Top with scallions.
- Roll the wraps from front to back and slice into eight slices. Turn on their side and serve as an entrée or as an appetizer. Garnish with parsley on a platter.