Apple and Squash Pasta with Brown Butter
This simple pasta dish is a glorious combination of creamy, salty, sweet, and savory.
- KCal: 168kal
- Carbs: 20g
- Fat: 10g
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage leaves, chopped
- 2 large New York State Ginger Gold apples
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spiralize squash or use a veggie peeler to cut into long ribbons.
- On a baking sheet, toss squash with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender for about 10 minutes.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add sage and cook until butter becomes golden and sage is fragrant, approximately 3 minutes. Remove from heat, then add squash to sage butter and mix until coated.
- Spiralize apples with skin on and toss with squash.