Apple and Red Onion Blue Burgers
These burgers just scream the “Fourth of July,” but we swear, you can make them any time.
- 24 oz raw ground beef, divided into 4 equal patties
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 Tablespoons blue cheese
- 1 Tablespoon mayo
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 McIntosh or Cortland apple, sliced in rounds and seeded
- 1 cup Boston or curly lettuce
- 4 seeded hamburger buns, sliced in half and toasted
- Season ground beef with salt and pepper and form into 4 patties.
- Cook according to your favorite method – we like grilling. While burgers are cooking, mix blue cheese and mayo in a small bowl.
- While the burgers are cooking, gently toast the bun halves on the grill or in a lightly oiled skillet.
- Right before the burgers are ready to take off the grill, top each one with a dollop of the cheese mixture and cover them so the cheese melts on top.
- Carefully remove burgers and place on toasted buns, then layer each with red onion, apple slices, and curly lettuce. Serve with chips or sweet potato fries.