Apple and Lemon Ricotta Pockets
Lip-smacking lemon ricotta paired with warm apple compote wrapped in a whole wheat tortilla.
- KCal: 367kal
- Carbs: 31g
- Fat: 19g
- Protein: 18g
- Sodium: 456mg
- 1 (15oz) container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ cup Apple Compote
- 2 Tablespoons poppy seeds
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 (6-inch) flour or whole wheat tortillas
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- (Optional) One fresh New York State apple, finely diced
- 2 New York State HONEYCRISP or MCINTOSH apples, peeled, cored, and chopped
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick or ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Prepare Apple Compote: Cook apples, apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg on high heat, simmering until all apples are tender. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until apple mixture is thick and syrupy.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix ricotta, poppy seeds, olive oil, and lemon zest. Mix thoroughly and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide apple butter or jam evenly among the four tortillas. Spread evenly, leaving a ¼ inch space around the edge. Repeat with ricotta mixture.
- Distribute sliced apples evenly on top of ricotta mixture.
- Fold each tortilla in half twice, so the result is a triangle.