Apple and Ham Pizza
Seven steps to this heavenly pizza – it hits all the right notes with salty, sweet, and savory flavors.
- 14 oz pizza dough
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 oz grated Havarti cheese
- 4 oz Ricotta cheese
- 6 oz shaved maple or honey ham
- 6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 apple thinly sliced in rounds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush round baking sheet or pizza stone with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Roll out dough and place it into pan or stone.
- In a small bowl, toss together red onion, 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and set aside.
- Mix grated Havarti and Ricotta cheeses together, then spread evenly with spatula onto pizza dough
- Now, arrange the onion mixture evenly on top of the Havarti and Ricotta cheeses.
- Next distribute ham on top of onion layer and then top with shredded mozzarella cheese and apple rounds.
- Bake until crust is golden, and cheese is bubbly, about 20 minutes.