Apple and Eggplant Quinoa Pilaf
Crunchy apples and pecans complement the earthy roasted eggplant flawlessly in this delectable salad.
- Serving Size1
- Yields4 Servings
- KCal: 676kal
- Carbs: 115g
- Fat: 19g
- Protein: 17g
- Sodium: 762mg
- 2 cups red quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 large New York State EMPIRE apples, finely diced
- 1 large yellow onion, finely diced
- 1 bulb fresh fennel, finely diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons canola oil
- 1 cup dried cherries
- ½ cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- ½ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ cup fresh mint, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and fennel and cook until softened.
- Add red quinoa and cook until lightly toasted, about two minutes. Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer, covered, until quinoa is thoroughly cooked and no liquid remains.
- Add diced apple, dried cherries, and cumin to quinoa. Mix well and season with salt and pepper. Garnish with mint and parsley leaves and serve.