Shrimp, Apple, and Avocado Salad
Popping with bright and zesty flavors – it’s sure to become one of your “go to” salads.
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion or chives
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 1/4 tsp sea salt, black pepper to taste
- 1 lb. cooked, peeled shrimp
- 1 sweet or tart apple thinly sliced
- 1 medium, ripe avocado, sliced thinly
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro or parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- In a small bowl whisk together scallions, lime juice, olive oil, cumin, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine peeled shrimp, apple slices, avocado, and jalapeño.
- Combine all the ingredients together, add cilantro and mint and gently toss. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Eat alone as a salad or with tortilla chips.