3-Ingredient Caramel Apple Hand Pies
Craving New York apple pie but short on time? These single-serving, hand-held pies are a snap to make and only require puff pastry, apples, and store-bought caramel sauce. Be careful not to over-fill the hand pies, or you won’t be able to seal the edges.
- 1 14-oz. box puff pastry, thawed according to package directions
- 1 large NY apple, cut in ¼-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- Place a rack in center of oven; preheat to 425ºF. Unroll or unfold pastry onto a flat work surface. Using a 3-inch circular cookie or biscuit cutter, cut out as many rounds as possible (you should have 18 rounds).
- Place half of the rounds on a parchment-lined rimmed baking sheet. Spoon one heaping tablespoon of NY apples into the center of each round, leaving a half-inch border. Top apples with one heaping teaspoon of caramel sauce.
- Brush pastry border with a pastry brush dipped in water and top each filled round with a second pastry round. Using a fork, crimp edges together, sealing each pie well to avoid leakage.
- With a sharp knife, cut a few small slits in the top of each pie to allow steam to escape. Bake pies, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden brown and puffed, about 15 minutes. Serve warm.